These bite-sized treats are so good anytime of the year. They are my go to when I am in a time crunch; they take less than an hour to make (and eat)! Lemon Meltaways have a cheesecake texture. They have an amazing punch of lemon flavour and gently sweetened with honey. They need to be kept in the freezer and served frozen, they will melt once they are at room temperature.
They are full of good fat from coconut oil can help prevent endurance athletes from “hitting the wall”, after the 3 hours workout mark. The raw cashews have a healthy dose of magnesium, this will help athlete’s replenish their electrolyte stores and help restless legs.
Raw Lemon Meltaways
Makes 12 (use small mini paper cups)
1/2 cup raw cashew butter 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice 2 Tablespoons raw honey 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted pinch sea salt
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix until very smooth and creamy.
2. Use a mini muffin pan or baking sheet and lay out the mini baking cups. If you are using a baking sheet, then double-layer them for sturdiness.
3. Using a small spoon carefully place the batter into each cup
4. Place the baking sheet or pan in the freezer to set until they are solid. This will take about 30 minutes.
5. Serve frozen. Keep in mind that these Lemon treats will melt if left at room temperature for too long.